When you encounter QuickBooks error 80029c4a, you get an error message “Problem: There was an unexpected error reported while trying to run QuickBooks with company file.” The error message further also suggests users restart all the systems in the network and reinstall QuickBooks if the first solution does not work. This basic troubleshooting does not resolve the issue and users feel stuck with the error most of the time. Here in this article, we will be discussing the top reasons why QuickBooks encounter error 80029c4a while starting and what can be done to fix it in the shortest time possible.
If you feel advanced troubleshooting is not your cup of tea, you can reach QuickBooks support for help by dialing QuickBooks support number 1-855-856-0042
Recommended to Read : QuickBooks Error 1603
What Gives Rise to QuickBooks Error Code 80029c4a?
After deeply analyzing the error, we have found the following reasons for its occurrence.
- In case the antivirus program you are using has blocked some crucial QuickBooks processes, or the services are in the quarantine folder of the antivirus.
- While downloading the QuickBooks, your internet was not stable, due to which some crucial files were missed.
- Due to interference from some other application, QuickBooks was partially installed on the system.
After knowing the reasons, we can take the necessary steps to resolve the issue quickly.
Methods to Fix QuickBooks Desktop Error 80029c4a
Method 1: Unblock QuickBooks and Related Process from the Antivirus
- Open the antivirus application you are using and go to the section to find the processes blocked by it.
- Remove any process that is related to QuickBooks.
- Now move to the quarantine folder and if you see any file linked to QuickBooks, remove it from there.
- Once the restrictions imposed by your antivirus have been removed, try to run QuickBooks once again and check if the error is resolved.
If the error strikes back again, try the following troubleshooting solution.
Method 2: Reinstall QuickBooks using a Fresh Installation File
- First, completely remove QuickBooks from the system, download QuickBooks Desktop, and ensure that you have a stable internet connection.
- Run the installer and follow the on-screen prompts to finish the installation.
- Activate the product using the license key and try to run QuickBooks once again.
If you are still unable to run QuickBooks because of error code 80029c4a, follow the next solution.
Solution 3: Install QuickBooks in Selective Startup Mode
- Restart your Windows and press the F8 key several times while the Windows is booting up.
- This will get you the Windows Boot Options screen.
- Select Safe Mode using the navigations key and press Enter.
- Install QuickBooks in safe mode and restart your Windows.
- Try to run QuickBooks Desktop and check if the error is now resolved.
Solutions 4: Use the QuickBooks File doctor
- First and foremost start with downloading theQuickBooks File doctor and install it properly.
- After that start the QuickBooks File doctor and Then select the Company file and network diagnostic option.
- It will take around 10 to 20 minutes to complete the diagnose.
- Now, Restart the QuickBooks.
If the error reappears right after running QuickBooks Desktop, a more severe issue must be hidden inside the operating system. Dial 1-855-856-0042 and get connected with certified QuickBooks Desktop experts for quick help resolving QuickBooks error 80029c4a.