QuickBooks is a fine accounting tool widely used by small and midsize businesses to digitally and securely carry out their accounting needs. The vast number of functions run by QuickBooks and all its storage depends on the company file’s efficacy. An error affecting the working data file can very well halt all the operations within the software. One such issue is QuickBooks error 6000 77. It happens when the user tries to access the company file, QuickBooks fails to comply with the command. The message further reads an apology and states that QuickBooks encountered a problem. In the blog below, we will look at its possible causes and solutions.
Company file errors require a quick fix to avoid severe damage to the data. Call on the helpline number 1-855-856-0042 anytime to get immediate assistance on the problem 24/7.
You may also Read: QuickBooks Error 6190
Causes behind the Intuit QB error code 6000 77
QuickBooks company file error 6000 77 belongs to the 6000-series of error code that specifically point out to the issues in the data file. It can occur due to numerous reasons and some of them are mentioned below.
- The user have not logged in as administrator to Windows and hence has no administrating rights to open the sensitive company file.
- The company file that must be on the local network is on an external storage device.
- The reference to open the company file is taken from a mapped drive.
- The folder permissions need to be configured on the folder consisting of the QB data file.
- QuickBooks is running in the multi-user mode.
After stating the possible reasons behind the issue, let’s find out some troubleshooting steps to fix it in the next segment.
What are the solutions to take out the QuickBooks error 6000 77?
Below are mentioned the steps that will help you in getting rid of the QuickBooks error message 6000 77.
Solution- 1: Move the Company File to a new location
If the company file folder is corrupted, you can create a new folder and then access the file from there by following the steps mentioned below.
- Close QuickBooks and go to My Computer.
- Open C: drive and make a new folder on it.
- Now, head over to the folder that contains the company file (.QBW).
- Right-click on the file with .QBW extension and choose Copy.
- Move back to the new folder you created in the C: drive and paste the file there.
- Set the permissions to share the company files from Windows.
Try accessing the company file from the new location now.If you still can’t access it, go to the next solution.
Solution- 2: Rename the Network Data file
The network data file is very important for good connectivity between the server and workstations. But when it is damaged, you need to rename it through the steps mentioned below.
- Go to My Computer and follow the file path – C:\ Users\ Public\ Public Documents\ Intuit\ QuickBooks\ Company File.
- Search for the files with .ND extension.
- Right-click on the file and select the Rename option.
- Add .DLO extension in the end and press Enter to save the changes.
Reopen QuickBooks and try to connect to the company file again.
Here comes the end of our blog on the troubleshooting methods for QuickBooks error 6000 77. We hope that the information provided on the blog helps you to overcome the issue. On a different note, if that doesn’t happen, feel free to call on the toll-free number 1-855-856-0042 to get professional assistance on the issue.